Words

Words

Monday, January 26, 2009

Witness to Something New

I don't know about you, but I like when I see something I've never seen before. It reminds me that no matter how old you are, feel, or act there are still surprises left to enjoy.
Ever since I moved to the Pacific Northwest I've had plenty. Today, was no exception. Finally, it was sunny! Yes, sun was shining from the very moment I first planted my feet on my bedroom floor. Up went the blinds, in came the sunshine. I went around to every window and opened each shade.
Now, the funny thing is the house did not warm up. Oh now, I am definitely not in California anymore! Cuz' baby, it was cold outside. Damn cold! So cold that the snow left over from yesterday had turned into little ice spikes on every plant it covered. My guess is that actually the snow must have melted, and then the frost froze. It looks bizarre. As if all of my potted plants had sprouted little, titsy, bitsy horns. On every single inch. I'm sure that there is a formal name for it, but it is unknown to me. But, like I said, it's something I'd never seen until today and I found it fascinating...

No comments: