Words

Words

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Luxury of Being 18

When was the last time you ordered a cheese bagel and grande white mocha with whip cream? As I stood in line behind the 110 pound girl who had to be a mere 18 years old, this is what she ordered. I wanted to grab her by the elbow and urge her to change her order. Yes, I would have appeared quite mad. But, I remember being that age. I remember thinking when I weighed all of 120 pounds that I was FAT! Can you fricking imagine that. I did, I swear. Meanwhile, back at the latte bar...I wanted to shout at her and tell her one day her metabolism would slow to a halt and every cheese bagel and full fat white mocha would gladly land on her ass, mid section, chin. Why, anywhere she was now thin, she would no longer be. To take advantage of your cute little body now, it goes away so quickly when you don't appreciate it! When you eat up crap and drink up crap eventually you look like crap! But, alas I didn't. After all, it was only 8:50am on a Tuesday morning and I was going back to my chemistry class for more torture. One hour was not enough.

Remember how I gave up coffee three weeks ago? Spell broken, college set back in. I'm screwed. I'm back on coffee. Not like I was before, trying to drink as little as possible. Although, the above incident just might prove a little java early in the morning may do a woman good. No?

1 comment:

LNewsEditor said...

I was always very slender, no matter what I ate or drank, until I got to be about 30. Then the Evil Metabolism, my genetic background, kicked in.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have recognized that skinny metaloblism and appreciated it more. And I totally would have eaten more chocolate. Tons of it.