Words

Words

Friday, January 2, 2009

Pug Long Gone


Those of you who know me, know it was harder to leave my Pug behind than it was my ex. Some days, just occasionally I can feel that big, gargantuan, universal size hole left in my heart by her absence. I still stop and smile when I met a Pug anywhere. Can't help it. She was the best little dog I ever had. Even if she did snore. Even if she did eat a very unmentionable object and it cost $1800 to put her back together again.
I just couldn't bring myself to take her with me. I won't catastrophize, but the places my head goes just thinking of what it would of done to him (and him to I) had we both left, well let's just say it ain't pretty. So, there she stayed. There she still is. I miss her. Perhaps I always will. I know other puggies may come and go in the future but there will only be one Snorky.
My south county spy, who is pet sitting, sent me this picture. I wish I could say it made me happy, but it does not. It makes me sad. Snorks looks scared and old. I hope she isn't. I hope I made the right decision when I left her behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodnes.....It's Snorkus! I can understand why you left her behind, but I know you must miss her tons! There is nothing like the love of a pug.....
Love Ya!!!
Stef