Words

Words

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Insomnia

That's right, insomnia. I have it. I don't want it. Can I give it away to you? It's just some nights, well my brain refuses to turn off. No shuttie down. It just goes and goes and goes.

I've tried Calm (herbal, minerals, mix with water). Did melatonin for about three years. No caffeine after 3pm, okay, no caffeine after 12pm. Muscle relaxers. Tylenol PM. Excedrin PM. Both make me want to jump right out of my ever loving skin right there in bed. I can't take those kind of chemicals. So, I've tried Sleepy Time Tea. A hot bath. Sometimes that will do the trick. Sex. Most times that will do it, but not on every single time. Besides, that is only feasible on occasion and is dependent on many factors (like the wake 5am wake up call, etc...).

So, here I sit at quarter to 1am. Typing away all those things that I was lying there thinking about that would not let me sleep. I'm still awake.
It's time for the tried and true. An old movie. Bundle up on the couch and hope for the best. Sometimes it's off to sleep I go and sometimes, it's just an old movie I watch until the wee hours of the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie Girl!
I will read more later - I do like the candid stuff, but I am also sorry you have insomnia! We watched Green Street Hooligans tonight - it was good! (Oh, and I saw that "other" movie with my friend that gave me the book - we giggled throughout the whole thing.)