Words

Words

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our Local "Weird-O" Vortex aka Our Local Safeway

Trader Joe's, the Sno-Isle Co-Op, Win Co., and then there is our local Safeway Grocery Store. The store on 41st and 99 is not so bad to shop. Then there is the store closest to our neighborhood in North Everett. No trip to this store is ever un-colorful. You just have to look around. My last trip there, as I headed to pick up some asparagus, this person was walking towards my direction. If I hadn't known any better, I'd say I was being Punkd. But no, the man quickly approaching me had some sort of strange demeanor. I'd swear he, she, or whomever it was, was wearing a disguise. Sloppy baseball hat, long messy hair, thick black moustache, and topped off by the ever famous t-shirt flannel shirt combo. This person muttered something to me as he breezed by but I couldn't understand a word of it. Now, with groceries as expensive as they are I could understand a disguise. Except I think if I were there to steal food, I'd opt for the mu mu and large puffy coat ensemble. But really, who knows? I couldn't figure it out. It's just another normal trip to Safeway.

Of course, as I walked out of the store I realized my vortex experience was obviously not complete. A man in an aqua green, shin length, slinky skirt was walking towards me. Funny, it wasn't the gray stubble all over his face or his obvious masculine physique that clued me in. It was the shoes. They just didn't go with the skirt.

No comments: