Words

Words

Friday, January 23, 2009

Bring on the Sun Box

I never thought I'd say this: I don't miss California, at all, ever*. But, due to the fog everyday this week...well, I think living where the sun does not shine for days at a time has finally gotten to me. It's not like I can say, ahhhhhhh I need the sun. Or I miss the sun. But something is amiss with me and I think the lack of sunshine has something to do with it.

I generally don't get too bugged by my customers, and last week they drove me nutters. I don't usually sleep 10 to 12 hours a night, or take long naps but this week I've done it more than several times. I have felt better afterwards. Lots better. I just don't feel like myself. I've been grumpy, irritated, and just bitchy in general. And mainly, I'm just tired of feeling this way. It's not like me. I'm generally just happy and grateful to be alive. To have another day. I'm silly. I like to be goofy and have fun. But not so much, this week.

After talking to my co-workers, some of whom have lived in California they all agreed. We have all felt a bit off kilter this week. So, I think I'll cave in and get the light box - sun in a box as I call it. It can only help and it's much better on your skin than the tanning beds.
*But I do miss my family, friends, and some of my old favorite haunts.

No comments: