Words

Words

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just A Little Slow Dance in the Dining Room

Do you ever experience those sweet, tender moments in life when you are just grateful for the one you love?
Yesterday was a long and very full day. Up at 6am. Class at 8am. Work at 10:30am. Home at 4:30pm. Dinner with friends at 6:00pm. It was just go, go, go. I was tired but happy.
Felt like I hadn't had time to reconnect with my love too much this week, with life going at full speed.
I arrive home to her, before our dinner plans. She is sitting at the computer, listening to music, and reading away. I wanted to talk, but really needed to shower before we headed out again. So much to talk about that just could not be expressed on text throughout the day. We did make/take the time to talk. Laying side by side, afloat on the tan carpet our lovely rental provides. The living room is small but just big enough. Sharing your heart reconnects you, and makes mine swell with appreciation. Being heard is a wonderful thing. Being understood is a wonderful thing. I got up to head upstairs for a quick shower.
Remember the music? Cyndi Lauper, I'll be your River is playing. A slow, sweet, ballad. She was already up as I headed for the stairs, I stopped to hug her. We swayed into a slow dance. I looked into her eyes and hoped she could feel my adoration. She could. We stayed that way, embracing, dancing to the sweet lyrics of the music. Lucky. Happy. Connected. Loved. Just a little slow dance in the dining room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbB7Lj6c97g

No comments: