Words

Words

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sandra Is Right



My friend Sandy says with the ease of hair dyes these days, we should never go grey. I have to admit, I've toyed with the idea. Why not, sometimes I feel like I've earned every single one of them and feel a bit of pride about them - but then I saw this picture.

Holy cow, can you even believe this is the same woman? Do you see that smile? I believe I need to tell her she is correct, we do not need to go grey after all.

Here I was thinking now that I'm in the Pacific Northwest where grey is a common site on many women what's the big deal? OMG!!! Obviously, it is a big deal - I guess my hairdresser will continue to love me for many, many, many, years to come!

(I haven't quite figured out how this goes along with just being happy with who you are or self acceptance but I certainly know I feel better when my hair looks good!)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

That's me! And yes, I'm sorry-I'm all for being comfortable with who we are & dropping the masks, but that does not include letting it all go. Gray hair makes you feel & look older...that will make you feel bad about yourself...then you will eat more chocolate...then you will drop out of school, stay in bed all day watching soap operas. All which could have been avoided by a box of L'oreal!