Words

Words

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Hooked On This Program,


Breaking Bad. It's funny, I'm not even sure what channel it's on, but I do record it every week and enjoy watching it. It's harsh, it's funny, it is so very human. Of course, since I'm taking Chemistry and the title layouts and credits all feature the chemical formulas found in the periodic table - it's funny to see how many I can name. Those would have met little to me 2 months ago, but now I'm kinda liking this new found information. But back to the program. Dad of one handicapped teenage son, married to a very pregnant woman. He is diagnosed with cancer and the future does not look good. He teaches chemistry. He makes a huge life decision - based on the fact he may soon loose his and leave his family financially fraught. He hooks up with a young hoodlum and together they formulate a new "species" of meth. It's blue, it's lethal, it's a hit. I love that there is no canned laughter, no spoofy acting, just a very good (and dark) story that has managed to grab my attention when very little on TV does these days.

No comments: