Words

Words

Friday, April 2, 2010

What do you call this???


How is it that the people who ask for the most of you while dining at one of your tables, ALWAYS, and I repeat, ALWAYS tip the least.

It happens every, stinkin' time, I tell you. It's some weird universal waitressing law out there and shit howdy, would I like to see it end!

I haven't been working evenings much lately. Tonight I realized, I kinda don't mind. I forget that they are not our regulars, do not know the menu, do not know me, etc...Oh, and while you are taking 10 minutes to place your order because the 10 of you just can't make up your mind but don't want me to walk away ~ please know I HAVE 7 OTHER TABLES TO WAIT ON, ahem! Dear God, it's a burger and fish and chips joint, how hard can it be??? Hard, so very, very hard, I get it, but really?!

I know I sound bitter, but I'm not. It just makes me shake my head and say to myself, "Stay in school. Stay in school. Stay in school."

No comments: