Words

Words

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easy but Not Really


Even though I received my AA degree just 12years ago, much has changed with attending college since then.

For example, now you can register your textbooks on-line and are all kinds of quizzes, exams, diagrams, and extra lessons to help you succeed. You can take your computer to class if you like and just take notes on the power point program provided. I purchased a item called a "clicker" so I can take quizzes with the entire class (don't know why but these always make me nervous) from a the lecture screen. You can also record your instructor using a hand held device that requires no tapes, it's digital!!

Here is where the easy ended for me...this little device is so complicated I can't figure out how to program it. But, as evidenced from last quarter I totally need one (I tend to blank out in 3 hour lectures) because there is only so fast I can write notes. Yes, I got it to record and playback but that is all I have gotten it to do! Change the date, ha! Change the type of sensitivity, ha! Pick a new folder, ha! Okay, I give myself a week and then I'm selling this sucker for $50 bucks and seeing if I can find one for lunk heads (non-techies) like myself.

No comments: