Words

Words

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Three Years and Two Days

I have lived in the state of Washington for exactly 3 years and 2 days. I arrived here permanently on October 30, 2006.

I love it here. I am still amazed at the beauty each and every time I'm out and about. I love the view I have of the sound. I love the seasons, and yes even the damn cold and the snow. It doesn't last long enough to become cumbersome. I like the people.

Since I've arrived my life has changed in a multitude of ways. Those changes have taken me from a very sad, depressed, and worried woman to one who is once again optimistic, hopeful, and happy. I have read that Washington is a place to live if you want healing. I can only speak for myself when I say, for me that is true. My heart, my mind, and my spirit have all come back to the me I love and somehow I feel even better and improved. Change does bring about new things, some of which we can never anticipate.

I still feel like a newbie here, but that's okay it just makes life more of an adventure!
One of my first neighbors, Lama Mama! Who never bit me or spit at me! Ha!

No comments: