Words

Words

Saturday, November 7, 2009

7th of November, Thankful


I have been plagued with insomnia to a higher degree more than usual lately. Even when I finally fall asleep, I am usually awake again some 4 hours later and unable to resume back to the state of lovely REM sleep.


But, in the way of twists here lies my gratitude. I almost always am able to fall back to sleep on the couch, some few hours later and manage to sleep the morning away. Sometimes, even half the day. Now, I am not saying this is the correct course of action for curing insomnia but sometimes any sleep is better than none. Trust me when I tell you this. I am a girl who needs her sleep.


So, here is to a schedule that allows me that indulgence and kudos to the sleep faeries who are kind enough to offer me a few hours of it now and then. Case in point, this morning when at 11:30 am April kindly woke me up and truly I felt as if I was so asleep I was the walking dead. I was just that dead asleep, finally.

1 comment:

Lorrene said...

Can I ever sympathize with you and the insomnia. I have had it for years. Seems to run in cycles. I also know what you mean about finally falling into such a deep sleep, you can't wake up. Dr. finally gave me Amitriptyline,and it actually helps. It doesn't work 100 percent, but at least it keeps me semi asleep and I wake up rested.