Words

Words

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful ~ Novemember 5



Cell Mitosis, go ahead taunt me. Today I'm thankful for a professor who is willing to sit down and walk me through the 5 phases and 3 sub phases of Interphase. Ah, yeah. It's big time fun in our house right now. Seriously.

Okay, stop reading this now unless you want to know the inner track of my thoughts today.

IP, MATC. In my brain, it's I Pee Matic. I know it's not what it says, but it's one way to help me remember the phases of mitosis. Not that anyone cares but me, but Interphase (G zero, G one, S phase, G two), Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase, and Cytokinesis. Huh!

As dorky as it sounds, using pipe cleaners to represent Chromosomes through this process IS helpful. I won't bore you with the rest, but thanks again to Dr. Rene Kratz for her patience.






No comments: