Words

Words

Friday, February 27, 2009

What Would You Want to Do?

Please re-read my title one more time, just so were clear. Not what would you do, but what would you want to do... Because often times, there is a difference, for all of us.

Now, should I just tell you or explain why I want to do it? I'll just say it, and then explain...after all they say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission right? Ha, just kidding.

There is just a tad under ten grand sitting in several accounts that still have my name on them, and damn if I don't want to just take it all out and put it somewhere it could never be found. Basically, I am still entitled to the $10,000.00. My name is still on these accounts as joint owner.

But in true form of how things were managed in my past relationship, my name is still on these accounts. I have gone to the bank and tried to remove my name. Even the bank rep wanted to know why I was being so nice and trying to take care of the accounts. All that was needed was an okay over the phone, but of course those phone calls that the bank made in front of me were never returned. We all know the hours it takes to walk into a bank and change accounts around. I have even called and asked him to take care of this...but ya know, he's just sooooo busy.

So, my divorce has been finalized for close to a year. And we parted easily, amicably, and I walked away with very little but my sanity. Which I am sure some of you would question! Ha!

But, back to the subject at hand. I won't go raiding these accounts even though the thought of it brings tears of laughter to my eyes and thoughts of another quarter of very expensive classes paid for. Yes, I am tired of living as a broke student again. For sure. My car is making funny noises and it has me concerned. I want to go to Hawaii for Christmas. My savings account is dwindling. Basically, I always have enough, but I want more than enough.

Besides, every time I get on-line to look at my account activity there it is. The past. The money that has my name on it but technically/karmicly is not mine. It probably is good for my credit to be an account holder on these accounts. But we all know, we don't always do or want what is good for us.

I will never touch the funds in these accounts, but a girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your restraint alone is proof that you are waay to good for your ex. And karma does roll around, so you'll probably get back ten times $10,000 just for being a good, honest person with real integrity.

Lacking that, you're welcome to hide that cash in my savings account in exchange for the interest earned. Heh.