Words

Words

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Will Facebook Replace E-Mail???

What do you think? Other than the daily updates I accept from specific sites, it seems no one is e mailing much.
They just say hello, leave a message, or update you on Facebook. In one way it's nice, you can go and quickly catch up with many people and what's going on at once. On the other hand I miss my emails from friends who actually write to catch up. Unlike many, I still will even take the time to write a long letter or e mail when I have the time.
It's strange on the one hand it's impersonal, but on another very personal. So many of my friends are far away and I would never know what they are up to on a daily basis. The old haunts of mine they are discovering. The sun shining away as it seems to do constantly in California. Who is for what nutty cause, their latest photos (which I love to see), and just their lives in general. Laughs, fears, frustrations, travels, and not to mention talking to some old friends who bring back some of the best memories.
I like my e mail in box. It definitely replaced getting mail the snail mail way. But I don't know if I'm ready to pare down to the brevity of just doing Facebook.

No comments: