Words

Words

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mean People Suck

This is what I think and I'm going to stand by it.

It's been awhile since my working environment was filled relaxing music, dimmed lighting, and a body on a table in some array of undress. That person eagerly awaiting the soothing relief my seriously deep tissue massage would provide them. Or the woman relaxing to a facial that will leave her skin glowing and heart happy that she feels younger. Oh the days when I was appreciated for my skills at work. When I was considered one of the best, and paid well for that compliment. Lately, those days seem far behind me.

You know how it is. There is always someone at work, who for whatever reason, likes to see you suffer. Likes to help in cause it, and then has the audacity to even smirk about it once they have been successful. It's people like this which caused us to invoke laws against maiming and killing. Seriously. Yielding a baseball bat may only bring about temporary relief from said anger, but damn those few minutes might feel like pure unadulterated joy. Yep, I want to bash a face in. There I've said it.

Those of you who know me, know I am not a violent person. But lately, since I've not been sleeping (due to above mentioned torment of late) and there seems to be no relief from stated obnoxious behavior - well let's just say I have my daydreams.

But seriously, wouldn't it be nice if could all just get along. Play nice. Play like a team player. Adhere to a very old adage, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it." Be respectful. Wow, even risk being kind. Would that kill those out there who just seem to be missing that bone in your body?

I like my job. (And yes, it's just a job.) Most days, I even manage to have fun there and enjoy myself. Having a quick shift fly by is good. Making money is good. Putting up with snotty, spoiled, ungrateful , rude people is not good. In fact I'm downright tired of it. I only hope I can think of a way to deal with it that will leave me employed.

I know the only person I can change is myself. That said, all that comes to mind is to continue ignoring the behavior the best I can and carry on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jamie girl! I dealt with a situation like this at a job a years ago. I finally confronted the person, one on one. I asked her why she was doing it, didn't give her a chance to deny it, told her that she had no competion with me. I knew it was a jealousy thing, so I complemented her on her strengths, and let her know I wasn't a threat. Nice but firm, that I was on to her, and was on her side, and wasn't going to put up with her crap! It worked! She backed off, I earned her respect and work went back to normal.

Anonymous said...

HI