Words

Words

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Stillness


Do you know that feeling, of feeling rushed all the time?

In the back of my head are the four chapters I need to read, understand, and know by June 8th. The project I have due that I still have mounds to do to complete. The two quizzes on Tuesday. The two labs I need to write for the same night. Oh yeah and the interview I want so badly to go my way on top of ..the laundry, the dishes, the groceries, the cat food I need to buy, the shoes I need to return...do you know this devil of which I speak??? Oh my. The strange thing is, I often find instead of fueling me to keep going and move ahead, I find myself immobilized by all of this. Not a place I can allow myself to hang out, not a good place to even think of going to, but here I am. Yikes.

In some attempt at stillness, I made myself go to bed at 10pm last night. I never do that, and yes I actually fell asleep because I was tired. I know meditation would have been better, but the under side of my eyelids looked wonderful. Ha.

I think I need to get up, go change for work, head over to school and just work on my homework until I it's time to head out. That is the best discipline I have for today. Besides, at least at school will be minus the squawking bird who is determined to aid in helping me loose my mind!

No comments: