Words

Words

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guilt

I hate it. I feel guilty. I feel guilty for saying, "no thanks," because I just don't want to go out drinkin' tonight.

I feel guilty for somethings I can't explain here, but will be able to soon.

Guilt feels like a useless emotion, and yet I'm sure it serves some purpose.

Now if you read the definition below;

guilt

[gilt] Show IPA
–noun
1.
the fact or state of having committed an offense, crime,violation, or wrong, especially against moral or penal law;culpability: He admitted his guilt.
2.
a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense,crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.
3.
conduct involving the commission of such crimes, wrongs,etc.: to live a life of guilt.


I find it funny that I feel this way, because I've committed no crime. Yes, I may have been found offensive by turning down an invitation.Ick. But it's probably true. But do I think of it as a moral dilemma, no not really, how about an energy dilemma? Yep. Do I now feel remorseful, yes. I miss my friends. I am so glad they still text or call to even ask me out! I'm sure they think I never have any fun.

But it's there. Guilt. It is one of those things I need to let go of as part of my no-more-beating-me-up-anymore plan. I realize it is about time I become my own biggest fan, not anyone elses job, really. I just know how hard I am on myself. How about you?

I think it's time to let that go, because truly I've done nothing wrong. What I am guilty of is trying to take care of myself, and I can live with that.




1 comment:

Al said...

OMG,girl...I am the Uber Owner of the guilt.:-) I swear it is like having a 2nd friggin personality..there is me, and then there is my guilt. And they meet...often. Sucks.