Words

Words

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day 2011


For all the mom's and their endless love,
the countless amount of times they washed and folded the same pair of soxs and undies and put them away,
the hours spent making sure we had meals together,
but taking the time to shop for the ingredients, bring them home, unload them, wash them and slice and dice them and then on top of all that cook them up,
the untold minutes spent cleaning,
the trips to the beach,
to the toy store, the shoe store, cheering me on,
for my mom specifically who let me pick out with great care the fabrics of so many of my homemade, beautifully sewn clothes,
the gifts, the cakes, the candles, the sleepless nights you sacrificed to make something come together just for me,
thank you.
I love you. Your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed. They are so appreciated.
You are appreciated.
Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

Penny said...

My dear sweet daughter,

I loved being the Mom and doing all the stuff that we did together when you were growing up. Cooking and baking, becoming a good seamstress, hosting parties just added to my repertoire'. Without you and Jeff I wouldn't have learned all that good stuff.

love you too, Mom