Words

Words

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Negative Vs. Positive


Which is it for you? Are you one of the people who naturally goes for the encouragement, support, high fives you did it crowd? Or are you on the OTHER TEAM, TEAM NEGATIVE?

You cannot imagine how many people whose first natural reaction is to question. To discourage. To ask why, oh why. To knock one down for their efforts. Point out how long it will actually take to do what you want to do (oh, and then continually keep asking, "Are ya done yet?"). Oh, and be so kind as to remind you of your age. Really? Really? Reaaaallllllllllly? Are you reading into this I am reading to start screaming, biting people's heads off, and getting overly defensive, then well you are correct-a-mundo. Oh yes you are.

I don't know why as humans it is easier for us to tear down than build up. Why is it easier to focus on the wrongs instead of rights. We ignore the 20 things about someone that thrill us, and focus on the one thing that drives us crazy. You know it's true. We have all been there. Just because it's true doesn't mean it doesn't suck. It does. It sucks big time.

Believe it or not, one of my personal beliefs is that we are all here to help one another. To make the journey easier, less bumpy, more joyful. Seriously, if we are not here to love and help one another out well then I truly don't why we are here. For me, it just comes down to something as simple as this ~ be kind.

I'm not feeling so kind lately. Work, pressure from a crazy project at school, just life in general but you know what, I'm still a champion for us all at heart. I want to be the one you remember who was in your corner. Who took the time to listen to you. Who told you that you could do it, that something bigger was out there for you than you could possible imagine.

I don't care how old I get, unless I'm dead or want to be a super model, I still believe it is all possible.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Jamie, people are afraid that you will make them look bad because they are still sitting on the sidelines wondering where and who they are. So, honey, you just keep learning and growing. You are the smart one!! I love you, Mom