Words

Words

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Swallow It


I realized something last night. One of my classmates was all giggly with excitement, I think I practically rolled my eyes right out of my head at that.

"Aren't you excited for Physiology?" she asked.

"Ah, no." And then it hit me, "I'm still too bitter about last quarter," I spit out with a bit of a laugh but I realized it was true.

I spoke with my professor from last quarter yesterday. I never received the self addressed stamped envelope I had given her to mail me with my grades on my lab exam and written final. I called to find out my grades on those, since I managed to miss a B by about 1.70%. Not happy, I repeat, not happy. I cannot tell you how many times she tried to assure me a C+ was a really good grade for her class and the material covered. IN WHAT UNIVERSE, IS A C+ A GOOD GRADE??? Especially when you know there is a very definite GPA requirement for the program I want entrance to attend.

I also realized that my new professor is her own woman (okay, even though she looks all of 18!) and this will be a totally different experience. Thank goodness.




No comments: