Words

Words

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Stayed Tuned (Date with My Brain)


Have some new ideas for the blog that might make it possible for me to keep more current. Will see if I can find time today or in the next few days to start implementing.

It's Sunday. While I'd like to sit here on the couch most of the day and watch bad tv, read the Sunday paper, catch up on the blogs I love to read, snuggle with my girl and respective kitty cats, and watch football I will not. Instead I will skip the paper, most of bad tv, blog reading, and catch a tad bit of football because it's Sunday and I have a date with my brain.

On Sundays, I head to the library. It's me and two chapters of cellular biology today. I am learning I have to study the sciences a in a new way. As in over and over and over again. Cover the basic stuff until I puke basically.


It's okay, since there is a grade requirement for my end goal. At least this time I don't feel like I'm drowning like I did in Chemistry. In fact, I'm rather enjoying this class minus the lab writing and tricky test questions. That's not to say it's too hard, she's just a good professor who wants to extend our understanding to application. This fact makes exams more difficult. So, off I go to the solitude of the library.

1 comment:

WordyGrrl said...

Ya know, I tried this "crenation" thing myself. Wore a maroon sweatshirt (blood-cell colored, right?) and strapped six boxes of Mortons Salt around me, like bandoliers, wooing the excess body water to it in hopes of slimming down the grrl I used to be.


Six hours later? Effin' nothing. Crenation is not a diet plan. Might help with cleaning up oil spills in the garage, though.