Words

Words

Monday, October 19, 2009

Manic Monday


Just another....yes you must sing along with the un-haunting lyrics of the Bangles now that's it going to be replaying (April just thanked me for putting said song in her head!) in your brain for the next day or so.


Okay, first off went to bed Sunday night (ended up on the couch because I couldn't sleep) since at 9:15pm I took another quiz for my course. I have not ever had such a difficult time getting decent grades in something that I think I understand. Enough about that - I'm going to chalk it up to being enrolled in another science class. No more bitching I will just keep calm and carry on.


Good news on the work front, the slow spell ended officially today and we were back to normal business. Yes, I ran my ass off for 2 or 3 hours but gratefully so. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to turn around now that it's gotten cooler and our extended summer seems to finally ended. Yeah, for today it did!


Onto class tonight, all I can say is that after 2 hours of lecture and 1 hour of lab it's over.


I got to arrive home to April and Maya. My goodhearted gf was willing to babysit for one of my favorite co-workers who was in a pinch tonight. Maya is an adorable three year old who was all snuggled up in the corner of the couch enthralled in Sponge Bob DVD's. We laughed over the Texas cartoon episode (since that is where Maya and her parents arrived from some months ago) and I got to remember what it's like to have a three year old around. Big fun. Halloween stickers, ballerina stickers, all to Maya's joy. She and April had already been to the park and dined on happy meals (she's a non pickle lover like April). She a rockin' kid with a great sense of humor. Her favorite thing to be right now is a kitty. When asked what that kitty looked like she told us it had pink and purple fur with pink paws, a black tail, and blue eyes. Her favorite color is pink. After discussing the commonality of our favorite color, we had to dissect the rest of the rainbow. I had to give her kudos since she was willing to defend brown and it's merits. Towards the end of the evening, just before mom and dads arrival she got into that sleepy but silly mode. Meowing at me, and nudging up one inch from my face with her eyes as wide open as possible then giggling like a small mad women. You have to love kids, they are just so there - censorship is non-existent. It's one of my favorite things about them and one of the reasons I'm so glad this very long Monday ended on a high note.

No comments: