Words

Words

Monday, October 12, 2009

Over Studying


Is there such a crime, if so I think I committed it. My brain feels like it has been swimming in a shark tank for the last few days. One moment I think I have the answers all set and then next, not so.


Now this course I am taking is no easy feat. Along with concepts that are new and foreign just the vocabulary and language of it alone is much to grasp. Funny thing is, I'm not complaining because really so far, it's not so bad. Not bad at all, it's just for someone like me who has to really and truly study to get good grades, well it is a vast amount to learn. Not only learn but to recall and be tested on these ideas.


I appreciate the earnestness of my professor by wanting us to not just regurgitate facts but be able to apply the concepts. But trust me when I say, IT'S A LOT TO TAKE IN.


So back to the idea of over studying, I truly feel like I did. I missed the easiest stuff on the exam tonight, because basically I spent way to much time on the topics that were more difficult.


Live and learn, and frankly I'm going to try and find new ways to study that are not so taxing - if that is even possible!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I always had my best luck when I crammed or pulled an all nighter the night before. I have no idea why, it just clicked with me. And, surprisingly, I always retained what I studied too. Go figure.