Words

Words

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Inside Out, Upside Down, and Back Around


Have you purchased Trader Joe's cat scratcher for your kitty? They must make the best cat nip known to catdome. When I bring this home, our cats go absolutely nutters. They drool. They scratch. They chase one another off of the scratch box. Get a tad bit possessive. If by mistake I leave the plastic bag of cat nip out, open, where they can reach it - well, things happen.


Like today for instance. I arrived home, unloaded the groceries. On my last trip out to the car Jack was already in my trunk crying for the scratch box. It was lying there last to be brought inside the house.


Once inside, I opened up the box and sprinkled out some cap nip. They all came running. Jack, Tuna, and last but not least Toupee. We have three cat scratchers, but of course the new one is the most popular. He who acts the boldest wins the prize. Of course, Jack shared but she does think she is entitled to everything first and most often.


About a half an hour later, I was sitting in the living room eating lunch and I could hear strange rustling. I got up to investigate. JackJack is lying sideways absolutely covered in cat nip. She pulled the plastic bag of cat nip off of the breakfast bar and had now spread it all over the floor. She was in heaven. Bits of cat nip in the empty Trader bags. Bits of cat nip all over a 3 foot radius from where it came down. She is rolling in it, playing in it, and basically just loving life in it.


Reminiscent of when she knocked over the sugar canister and played in a half pound of sugar all day. At least this will be easy to vacuum right up. No sticky flooring and three very happy cats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL... Jack Jack is soooo stoned! Give yerself and April and the kids some luv for me. Miss y'all!
-- WordyGrrl