Words

Words

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Smog Check


Sometimes, it's the little things in life that make you happy. I had to get my car smogged so I could register it this week.
In California, it was truly a royal pain in the ass. Really. Any mechanic could charge whatever price he deemed appropriate, and then pretty much tell you your car needed xyz work done before you would pass the smog test. I think last time I went through this process it cost me $48 bucks, a significant amount of time, and an argument about what work did or didn't need to be done. The work was to the tune of $240 some dollars. It was a pain to take care of.
In Snohomish County, Washington there are smog check stations. The cost is $15 bucks. I drove in handed Kirk my registration paper work, he hooked up my car, and 15 minutes later the test was complete. Car passed. Paper work complete. It was truly a most pleasant experience.
I mailed in my smog test and paperwork and my car is up to date. It's the little things, it is.

No comments: