Words

Words

Thursday, January 21, 2010

This Thing Called "Age"

Wow, one day I don't sleep...4 hours tops. Next day, amid promises of some nice bedtime stories I end up in bed at 7:05 p.m.
Yes, folks you read that correctly. I honestly thought I'd crash out for a bit and then like always be up most of the night. But, no...this was not too be. Okay, I did wake up and watch an episode of True Blood somewhere around 10:00 o'clock but after that my head hit the pillow and AMAZINGLY I was out. Out so hard, I didn't even wake up until this morning, and my mind and body fought that.
What is up with this? Is Anatomy draining the life force out of me? Is it the joy and the fun of lucrative job I do most everyday (please, oh please hear the sarcasm dripping here)?
Or is it just time, as in the number of years I've managed to clock up here on earth. Mother nature reminding me, you are NOT in your 30's anymore. In fact, you are so close to MENOPAUSE I'm going to let you sleep all night tonight, and not again for 3 days just so you can think about all the time you've had here on earth. And just what you've done or haven't done.

In my best rebellion, I've managed to block her out and watch Idle Hands (love Seth Green), Law and Order back when BIG was still a kid (think early 90's) and Benjamin Brat graced us with his amazing self as a cop. Yes, when I can't sleep late night re-runs and silly movies are my fav's. Late night induced relfection be damned, I'll take old tv and the couch.

On the other hand, since this is the first time I woke up in days and don't feel tired, pissy and actually have some energy I'll take the early knock out anytime Mother Nature wants to bestow it on me!

No comments: