Words

Words

Friday, January 22, 2010

Singing Smelly Cat Just Seemed Wrong...but someone was.


Why did I think the cat would arrive without skin, fur, whiskers, etc...? I don't know but I did. I just did. So, when we had to pull this huge, soggy, very dead cat out of a bag and lay him on top of our lab table it made my stomach turn.

I didn't think I was going to barf, it wasn't that bad. Really, it was just the smell (not formaldehyde anymore, but something just as strong) and the fact that our anatomy room is warm enough to bake cookies in...ugh I feel yuckie just recalling it.

Our (Stretch belongs to Tracey and I, she is my lab partner) cat is huge. So long his paws hang over the edge of our anatomy tray. Bigger than any cat I've ever had. In life this cat was just a very big tabby cat, sweet face, cute nose and sweet smile.

So, first night of class, we had to take the skin off (kind of) the hardest part was just the first cut. Of course, when you hit a fat pocket that god awful smell seemed to cloud up around us!

While I am thankful to have this kitty to study, I'd really rather have a cadaver. But that is another post entirely...to come!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:-(