Words

Words

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Company We Keep


Often, I feel like waitressing is wearing out my love for people. Seriously, there are days when I don't want to leave the house or have anything to do with strangers or the public.

Friday night April and I had dinner with some friends. Among them were a P.O. (parole officer), a nurse, and a Social Worker. Okay, they managed to make my work life seem like a skate across beautiful ice. How do they do it? How do they manage not to leave work and barricade themselves in each weekend?

The answer is I'm not sure, but I can tell you it certainly adjusted my perspective.

2 comments:

WordyGrrl said...

Any job in which you deal with people always has a suck factor.

Don't sweat the misanthropy you feel. Use it to help you build up that "professional distance" you'll need to get through nursing!

Alyson said...

Agree with Julie...and am sure you remember the many days when I would get back from the PD, and hide during my days off. And I wasn't called the "holiday grinch" by someone we used to know, for nothing either! lol

People suck...with only a tiny % of exceptions!:-)

And do you have a foreign penpal, that likes to comment in Japanese? and do you read Japanese?