Words

Words

Monday, August 10, 2009

Summertime


I found this photo and couldn't help but save it for this time of year. It evokes the feel of summer for me. Hot days, warmish nights, sunshine, laying in the grass, and the color of yellow. The lovely shade of yellow I find so uplifting.
As a kid growing up summer's felt like they lasted forever. Hot days, water skiing vacations at the river, the beach with my mom and Aunt and cousins, ice cream, and running through the sprinklers. Better than the sprinkles was running from the water wiggle in the back yard of our Cerritos house when Jeff was just a little guy. To this day I'm amazed the neighbors never complained, the thing sprayed every house in a 50 foot radius. I just remember being very wet and laughing. Lots and lots of laughing.

No comments: