Words

Words

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Clarification of Beauty

I started thinking about my last post. Wondering if I had manged to give a good visual to the woman I described.


Before I do, I feel the need to dispel a few myths here. First, just because I am now in a relationship with my beloved April does not mean I find everyone of the female sex attractive. In fact, I would say this is quite the opposite for me. I find very few women attractive. Many just try way too hard to beautify themselves and seem to have become some sort of caricature of their former selves in this attempt. The women I do find attractive are the lucky ones, they need very little make up or none at all to look pretty. They were just born under the right star and blessed with clear skin, a smattering of freckles, and lashes galore. You know the ones I speak of, you've camped with them, sweat with them at the gym, and seen them fresh out of bed and damn if they don't look just as beautiful if they'd primped for an hour. It's a blessing that skipped me, so I am thankful for make up, especially mascara!


So back to the woman who endured the blind date...she reminds me of many of the women you see at http://http//urbanweeds.blogspot.com/. She was given the glorious gene of height, plus she was wearing some low heeled, well loved brown knee high boots. They were simple, older, loaded with character. She had shades of blonde hair that went just past her shoulders, parted on the side and swept off her face with a simple bobby pin that held a single rhinestone stud. She had simple sparkly earrings, probably half carat or so of diamonds. The empire waist dress she wore was two tone and belted, it had a scoop neck that only hinted at cleavage and it's length hit several inches above her knee. It worked on her. I don't remember what her sweater or jacket looked like, only that she wore one. I know she wore no jewelry on her hands or rings on her fingers (remember-I was looking for clues as to their date status, especially after I figured I was incorrect). And lucky girl, she had perfect skin. Not a blemish, wrinkle, or sun damage spot in sight. Large, open expressive eyes and nice white straight teeth. Given that she was tall of course she had a longish neck, same for her hands and fingers which matched her long legs. What's more, on top of all of this, she just looked like someone I'd be friends with. She appeared confident, friendly, and with a sense of style. Do not read into this I was attracted to her, I wasn't. I just know attractive when I see it, just like I still know a handsome, charming good looking man when I see one as well.


Now before you think I've gone all stalkers, think again. This is a gift (or curse) I've had for years. I can take a very quick glance at someone and commit to memory the most mundane things about them, especially visually. I can read their emotions, state of mind, and mood that quickly as well. I used to play a game with a friend of mine at dinner. How well can you describe....the waitress, the bartender who helped us, the hostess, etc... I won every time. I could usually tell you in detail the shape of the necklace they were wearing, the color of eyeshadow or lipstick, and other miscellaneous things I noticed. Like I said, I absorb visual details like a dry sponge hitting water. It just is.


So, now that I've described this woman in detail I hope you have a better picture of her and just why I found her adorable all the while on a miserable date.

No comments: