Words

Words

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Experiment ~ Day 6 Rewind


So, last night I did watch Sons Of Anarchy and Medium, that I had recorded during the week. Strange. Weird. Ummmm, here's what I noticed the most;

- Too, too many commercials. Loud, obnoxious, screaming "look at me," adds I couldn't fast forward fast enough to get through.

- On Sons, there is a lot happening at once. I noticed I felt a bit besieged by the images and "flashing" around if you will. I still get a kick out of the entire story line because it is so far removed from my life but it is very visually stimulating. I was glad I watched it first.

- I watched Medium, while I like the stories and her "gift," I really enjoy the relationship portrayed between husband and wife. It seems real, healthy, they struggle, disconnect and reconnect and keep going like life.

- Lastly, I've noticed that I've been falling asleep much, much easier without watching TV. Not to mention getting to bed much earlier. That is a good thing.

It was easy to turn if off once those two shows were done airing. It took me a really long time to watch both of them, but it did help me just settle down and relax after a long day and evening working.

My plan is to keep the TV off again this week, except for those programs I record. Will see how it goes...

No comments: