Words

Words

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Experiment ~ Day Two


First, let me say how difficult I found it NOT to turn on the TV last night. I totally use it to keep me company, especially while I'm doing homework and when 10:00 pm rolled around it was like I had an itch I needed to scratch. I didn't but man it was darn near impossible.

Once again this morning I wanted to know what the weather was expected to be like and I almost automatically turned on the TV when I came downstairs. Today I had to remind myself not to and I did not. Just looked on-line for the report.

I think today was easier since I was out and about all day. Had the fortune of having the day off and was able to spend time with Cristi and her mom, Bonnie. They were here for Eddie's soccer game Sunday night and stayed a few extra days. We got so lucky and had absolutely beautiful weather and headed out for Bainbridge Island. One of my fav's. Had a delicious lunch at the Harbor Pub with an amazing view of the harbour. Drove around the island to site see and dropped into one of my favorite nursery's, Bainbridge Nursery. The colors all over the island looked like a combination of fire and gold. Just stunning. Made a quick stop at a new candy shop called Bon-Bon's and headed back to Seattle. Hope they made their flight, if they did it was with few minutes to spare. It was great to catch up with one of the oldie-but goody friends and her mom.

Long drive home, but not too bad. Only a bit of stop n' go. Since April is working so late it is actually nice not to have the TV on and spend the time catching up and reconnecting. I still haven't gotten used to how quite the house is without it.
One thing I realize for certain is that I use the TV also as a way to relax. Like tonight, I'm too tired to study, don't really want to read (too tired now to focus) and while turning the TV on would be nice I see that just heading up and taking a shower and hitting the hay is probably the best choice. So no TV = not staying up too late tonight. That is a good thing.

No comments: