Words

Words

Monday, July 13, 2009

June Gloom, in July


Unlike most summers here the Pacific Northwest, this year we had an awesome kick off to summer. June was sunny, even hot some days and no rain for 31 days. Now most of you would think I would be overjoyed about this, but truly I love the cooler weather we have here so I could take or leave the sunfest we've been having. And yet, we've had clouds and thunder and lighting for several days in a row and I must admit - it's strange. I keep forgetting it's summer, let alone July. Not to mention, the thunder and lighting are such an anomaly in this part of the country. You just don't see it here that often.


This weather makes it easy to sleep in and more difficult to get motivated. The restaurant is slower, and we have added help for the summer rush (so far, rush only applies to an hour or two of the day at most). So, I haven't had much to post about. Which to me, seems to go along with the blah weather.


Just working, hanging out, laughing at our crazy cats, going to the local baseball games, hit a Storm game thanks to Natalie, hanging out with friends, and relaxing. Tonight I'm going to try and get the creative juices flowing with paint, fabric, and paper.


Maybe tomorrow, the sun will return.

No comments: