Words

Words

Monday, June 29, 2009

My Ears....RIP


Now if only his annoying commercials would leave the face of this earth with him. I am NOT sentimental about the death of Billy Mays. Not in the slightest. Honestly, to rip off a good friend (thanks Ju Ju)...he's was like a modern day carnie selling potion that will heal you. I'm sorry but BFD.


The strangest thing is just in within the last month I have been very vocal about how much this guy's approach annoys me. To the degree of which I choose not to purchase his products, even if they do work. I just don't want to support the insanity of our culture anymore than necessary. I'm sorry, if you have to be yelled at to be encouraged to try a new product it's not for me.


I will admit that his promos for his realty show made him look like an even bigger ass. I see no need to belittle people to motivate or encourage them. In fact in my world that makes me feel anything but encouraged (more like severe anger).

I know some will think it wrong of me to disrespect the dead. Thank god I live in a country where I can express my opinions freely. Just like he could take 60 seconds in between non-cable programs to yell and annoy the daylights out of me.

1 comment:

WordyGrrl said...

Hellz yeah, sistah. You and I are apparently the only people who didn't revere this carnie as a god among men. He was a pitchman who tried to appeal to the manufactured consumer whore culture of America to sell us crap we didn't need.

He was also a husband, father, son, brother, etc. And I wish his family strength and peace while coping with losing the person he was to them.