Words

Words

Friday, June 19, 2009

Jack's New (probably bad) Habit





Jack is a tad bit jealous. She takes issue with the other cats, of April and I lounging together, and even of the bird.

In the morning, when I get ready for work I usually have Pidge on my shoulder or a top my head. I like to give him attention, because he is a very social bird and I know he gets lonely when we are both at work all day. He accompanies me upstairs to the bathroom while I shower, where he sings himself silly in the small mirror. We then head downstairs to "my" bathroom where I proceed to finish getting ready. For sometime, he enjoyed sitting on the shelf in front of the mirror and singing, talking, and just hanging out with me while I primped.


Hence, Jack started hanging out on the bathroom counter. Then she started looking in the mirror (my favorite is when she has her two front paws on the shelf and looks into the mirror), and finally she progressed to hoping up to the shelf that Pidge likes to sit upon. If the bird can be there, she thinks she can as well. Basically if he can, she can, and will.
My only concern is that one day she will figure out a way to sit atop the pantry cover (Pidge's other hang-out), then we will be in big trouble. Or, I should say she will.






No comments: