Words

Words

Saturday, June 6, 2009

M-I-G-R-A-I-N-E


If you've ever had one you know. They almost feel as if an alien has invaded your body and you are no longer in control. For me, it always starts in the same place, on the left side of my neck. It takes over my shoulder, my left eye, my jaw and just plain hurts. Even when the pain itself is gone, there is this after affect that feels as if someone beat me about the head and shoulders and left me very bruised.

Light hurts, sounds make me jumpy or startle, basically a dark - cool room would be a very good place to hang out and just relax. I haven't had one of this magnitude in quite sometime, in a long time to be exact. I'm sure the combination of heat, hormones, working in the heat, and stressing over school has not helped.

Liquid Advil does help, but too much leaves me feeling like I'm going to crawl out of my own skin. Excedrin Migraine didn't touch this on Thursday. Neither did a meal, water, or sleep. Ugh!!!!

Maybe if I just stop post-phoning the inevitable and get the books out and start reading it will help! Surrender, surrender, surrender I say!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Ugh. I used to get migraines regularly in med school. Then, when I hit 30, they disappeared. I was SO thrilled. Until I had to start taking meds for my rheumatoid arthritis last year and they came back with a vengeance.

I hate the beginning, the aura/halo part where I know it is coming and if I don't take my headache medicine in SECONDS, it will be too late. I hardly ever catch it in time, because it is tricky, you know? I tell myself that I am just tired, etc.

And then I am sick as a dog for exactly 13 hours before it goes away. UGH. I feel your pain.