Words

Words

Monday, August 9, 2010

Neglect


I just haven't had it in me to sit down and organize my thoughts. At least not enough to a point where they can be followed or make sense.

So, unlike everything else, I am choosing to check in only on occasion and give voice to my words.

I guess lately, it seems like there are demands everywhere you go. Go to the Co-Op to shop for better/greener ways to live and you are hounded by the "Save the National Forest," girls. It went something like this...

"Blah, blah, blah, are you with me on saving the forest and rain forest?" she said.

Oh, for the love of Pete, like I could possibly say NO or better yet, yeah I'm for slashing and burning the entire forest and building crappy track homes all the way to the top of Mt. Rainer. Really? Is there a good answer to that not so innocent question?

"Oh, yeah and all we need is a monthly donation that comes right out of your checking account or credit card," she smiled sweetly and said.

I don't know. It just seems like everywhere I go, someone wants something from me. And. I. Am. All. Tapped. Out.

1 comment:

Toulouse Muse said...

I would have asked how many hours did she train to memorize those high-pressure sales tactics...
How rude, and totally discredits their cause.