Words

Words

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

30 Days

Actually 31...but who's counting, I AM! AND IT'S NOT FOR WHAT YOU IMAGINE!

My Anatomy class ends on the 18th of March. In exactly 31 days, and since I am having BIG trouble sleeping and feeling quite frustrated I figured I would do what any good blooded American woman would do...add something else to the mix to try to get through it!

No seriously, here's how I see it. The last two nights I have not fallen asleep before 3:30am, and it is not for lack of being tired. I am. Exhausted, in fact but I just can't seem to fall asleep. I've tried all the things that have worked in the past but to no avail.

I'm sure part of my wakened state has to do with the overall frustration I feel with school and life. Too much to study, not the results I'd like given the amount of time put into studying (not to mention the smirk on my professors face when mentioning this fact), and oh, of course there is life. Like needing to go to the grocery store, or clean, or pay bills, or blog, or cook, or call your mom, you know all those good things.

So, this morning I figured what the heck. Exercise always helps my attitude and we do have this new Wii Active. As I sit here, I just finished my first work out with it doing many lunges and squats not to mention many other things. My butt and legs (gluteal and quads and hamstrings) are now pinging. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it will also help me sleep.

Not to mention tossing in 15 minutes of yoga from the Wii Fitt Plus on the end, it's always the time Jack Jack and Pidge chose to bond with me. Bird on my head or abs or legs, Jack rolling around somewhere crying to be loved. We put on a damn fine show, right here in the living room!

1 comment:

Michelle Schraudner said...

That's what always helps me sleep! I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Shred and I'm lucky if I can even drag myself to bed by the time I'm done!