Words

Words

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Blatent Disrespect

I'm not catholic. I'm not a mom. I'm not even married anymore but I am respectful enough to go to a "church" celebration/fund raiser and not flaunt my tastes or life style. Today I spent a few hours with my girlfriend and another "girly" couple wandering around the Everett Sausage Festival. Families, young, old, babies, grandparents everywhere you looked all walks of life were represented. Sadly, one from my so called "community" stood out - like the worst sore thumb ya ever saw. Proudly, hair afire with pink and purple, dark sunglasses on, and a t shirt that in bold yellow letters screamed "Fuck That." I have already seen this person at the only alternative bar that existed in Everett many a time, and yes her wardrobe is always tacky but...come on now. Do you have to wear the rudest piece of clothing you own to a "family" event? Could you represent us in any worse fashion? No pun intended. For once, I was thankful I didn't have a child, especially one old enough to read. How would I explain you and your disrespect? How do you think you earn it? Certainly, not by insulting the very crowd you came to be a part of for the afternoon.

No comments: